Friday 25 January 2013

Before and After ~ Childs Chair

I recently posted to tell you I had been converted to Annie Sloan Paint! I just love it! I have been painting and revamping lots of items around the home, the first one I want to show you is this simple wooden Childs chair.

I bought this chair for a snippet at 50p from a carboot:


I do love a bargain! The colour was too dark though for my daughters nursery and it was very scratched - obviously been well used. I love the idea that it belonged to another Child who had lots of use out of it and its now been given a new lease of life!

Here is the chair undercoated. I didn't know just 'how good' Annie Sloan is, so as the chair was such a dark colour I undercoated it, but honestly I don't think I needed too and wouldn't do again.

I then painted the chair with two coats of Annie Sloan, Old White, and a coat of wax. I wish I had bought the wax brush too as its not as easy with a cloth.

Here is the finished result, what do you think?




It looks so pretty in my Daughters Nursery with this lovely Cath Kidston rag doll!



If you are thinking of trying Annie Sloan out then I say go for it! Saves hours of sanding, undercoating and painting and the finished result looks great!

More Annie Sloan revamped pieces to follow.

Thank you for reading xx

4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I think it is lovely. I love all your hearts and the bunting and wish you good luck with your business!
    I don't have a blog of my own but am currently following a few lovely ones which give me inspiration and encouragement in my hobby of sewing little pretties.
    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mandy, thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you are enjoying it! Let me know the link to your blog when you do start it :) Good luck with your sewing and your blog! Tracy xx

      Delete
  2. What a lovely transformation and perfect for the nursery. Great blog.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really pleased with how its turned out and know it will be used for many years to come :) I'm going to pop over and have a nosey at your blog too xx

      Delete

I would love to hear from you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...