Tuesday 19 November 2013

Turning the garden shed into a Playhouse ~ Part 2

The Playhouse was a huge hit with the Kids over the Summer! See here for part 1 of turning our ordinary garden shed into a playhouse for the Children.

The playhouse has been locked up now for the winter and filled with all the large garden toys so I can't show you the inside, but here is the outside looking lovely in the Autumn sun:

 




Here is a reminder of what it looked like before:



After painting it, using Cuprinol Garden Shades, I then pulled up all of the flags surrounding it.


A huge pile for the tip!


Then my Dad very kindly built some decking around it, so the Children had a step to get into the playhouse.




Next, I whipped up some bunting to decorate the outside - See here for the tutorial on the bunting!



Finally, I painted a planter to go under the window - see here for the planter makeover!


Here is the planter now with the Spring bulbs already showing:


So, that's it for the outside! As for the inside, I painted one coat of white, put up some paper bunting and then filled it with the play kitchen and other toys. I was eager for the kids to get in it and get as much use out of it as possible. I will finish the inside next Spring and show you the pictures then.

I hope you like the Playhouse :)

Thank you for reading xx

Today I am linking up with:
 
 
Cottage Style Party - Lavender Garden Cottage







18 comments:

  1. I think it looks great and I really love the colour you chose to paint it.I bet the children are thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet idea! It is adorable, I hope to do this with my room in back of the carriage barn, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oooh that sounds lovely - good luck x

      Delete
  3. Love, love, love it! Looks good enough to live in! Will you give it a name and hang a little sign with it on? Bet your kids will love it. Roll on the better weather. Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Mandy I hadn't even thought of that!! What a cute idea, I'm definitely going to do that with them in the Spring xx

      Delete
  4. It all looks AMAZING :) I hope you had a lovely Christmas holiday.

    Check out my new post...Cute Swedish Curtain inspiration :)

    Have a fab day.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - Swedish decor, food, and fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Thank you and thank you for stopping by! We had lots of family time which was lovely.
      I will pop over and take a look. Tracy x

      Delete
  5. This is adorable! I would lke a grown-up sized one of these just for me... #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, a grown up one would be lovely :) xx

      Delete
  6. Wow! From an ordinary looking shed to a fabby playhouse - love it. Good makeover. Always love a bit of bunting too.
    #HomeEtc
    Sammy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sammy! This bunting has been up two years now and is looking rather shabby, definitely needs replacing this summer ;) Tracy xx

      Delete
  7. Oh my god I LOVE it! Such a difference, I can't believe it's the same shed. The planter on the outside really completes the look too :-) #homeetc Sabrina xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sabrina! It has made such a difference to have too, we have had it two years now and the kids love it! It could do with updating again now though....... Thanks for stopping by, Tracy xx

      Delete
  8. Isn't it amazing what a lick of paint and some bunting can do??! It looks amazing!! Well done lovely — I bet your littles were absolutely blown away when they first saw it!! :) Thanks so much for linking up with #HomeEtc — hope to see you again next week! x

    Caro | www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caro! Yes they loved it and two years on they still do! It needs some sprucing up now but they don't mind :) xx

      Delete
  9. What a fab space and amazing new little place for the children! Better than before - by far!! Thanks for sharing and link up, fab project xxx #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, definitely better than the garden shed filled with rubbish! It now gets used all spring/summer as a playhouse and in winter as toy/bike storage! You're welcome xx

      Delete

I would love to hear from you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...