Thursday 21 May 2015

Before and After ~ Playroom Floorboards

Once we had put the children into a bedroom together, we wanted to turn the nursery into a playroom. First job was to rip up the laminate floor (see this post for pics), we were planning on putting a carpet down but luckily the floorboards were ok so we decided to paint them.



Before


Sanded and Scrubbed (during!)


Undercoat



After


Great Stuff!

I just love painted floorboards, they are really easy to keep clean and look great! We are currently doing the ones in the living room, so will post some pictures soon. I would definitely recommend Farrow & Ball floor paint, it goes on lovely and dries really fast.

More pics of the playroom to follow soon.

Thank you for reading xx


Today I am linking up with The Twinkle Diaries and Mummy of Boy Girl Twins for the #HometEtc blog hop!



Home Etc

6 comments:

  1. I love natural floor boards and they look so great, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! Can I ask what the Stop Gap stuff is made from? #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The stop gap stuff is made from a clear plastic and it just fits between the floorboards to stop draughts! If you check out their website they have a video on how to fit it www.stopgaps.com
      Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
    2. Thank you - I will check it out! x

      Delete
  3. Yes — I wholeheartedly agree! I've used various floor paint and F&B is by far my favourite.

    It's quite a lot more expensive than some of the other brands but I really think you get what you pay for. The coverage is good and it dries so fast! I wish I had floorboards in this house to paint!! ;) Thanks so much for linking up with #HomeEtc x

    Caro | www.thetwinklediaries.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...