Wednesday 3 October 2012

Knit, Stitch & Bitch !

Once a fortnight, my Sister and I go to a 'knit, stitch & bitch' group at our local pub. It started off with just five regular members but has recently started to grow, which is great as it widens the skills available for sharing.

Each time, we try to run a workshop so we can learn different skills from each other. So far, we have done cushion making, bunting making, felt christmas decorations and knitting.

Last night we made Christmas bunting to decorate our local Heritage Centre. It was a team effort with some cutting and two on the sewing machines:

This is me cutting out the flags from some gorgeous recylced Christmas fabric using pinking shears. Spot the half lager and packet of crisps - very classy!


My Sister on the left and the Landlady on the right, both busy cutting out more flags.


Lots of pretty Christmas bunting xx

At our next group we are going to be learning how to make patchwork cushions - I can't wait! I really enjoy going, I get to spend time with my Sister, have time away from the responsibilites of children & home and get to learn new skills at the same time - what more could you want???

I will show you pictures of our lovely bunting once its on display in December.

Thank you for reading xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...