Friday 10 May 2013

Knitted Patchwork Blanket ~ Part Two

My knitted patchwork blanket for my Son is now complete! I am really pleased with it and so is he. The knitted patches were all knitted by my Mum and I then sewed them together, so a joint effort (although a lot more effort from my Mum).

The blanket sometimes lives on my Son's bed:



and sometimes lives on the back of our sofa:




but mainly can be found wrapped around my son during his afternoon nap:



I am now trying to decide whether it needs an edging? I thought about crochet but think it will look too girly. I though about putting a backing on it with a binding edge but think it will be too heavy and hot for him. What do you think?

Next is a pink version for my daughter :)

Thank you for reading xx


Knitted Patchwork Blanket ~ Part One


Today I am joining in with this party:


2 comments:

  1. Oh that blanket does look so cosy! Bless him, don't they look angelic when they are asleep!! Hehehe! Many years since mine have been that small. :(
    Looking forward to seeing the pink version. Your mom is a star!
    I imagine those blankets will get many years of wear. How lovely!
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes they do and have to enjoy the peace of those afternoon naps while they last!
      The blanket is getting lots of use already xx

      Delete

I would love to hear from you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...