Thursday 23 May 2013

My second Knitted Patchwork Blanket ~ Part 1

After making a patchwork blanket for my Son, see here, I have now started a pink version for my Daughter. My Mum has knitted lots of patches for me, but I am pleased to say I have had another go at knitting and taken to it much better this time.

Here are my first few patches towards the blanket:













A big improvement on my first attempt! See here for a reminder :)

I'm planning on making this one larger than the first one, so that it will be big enough to fill a single bed. Even though I don't want to think that my Daughter will ever be big enough for a big bed :(

This is the progress so far:


 
I wanted the blanket to be all pink and white but couldn't find enough different shades of pink, so as you can see I have added some green in too. I think the green gives it a lift and its a lovely combination of colours.
I am planning on having a white crochet edge around this one to make it even more pretty and girly.

I will show you once it is finished.

Thank you for reading xx

4 comments:

  1. It looks great so far- I think the crochet edge is going to be particularly fabulous :) Good luck with the rest of the knitting! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not a fast knitter so may take a while - hopefully be finished for Winter :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love the green with it, it definitely makes it :) keep us posted on progress! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really pleased with the green too :) I will definitely update soon xx

      Delete

I would love to hear from you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...