Monday 28 May 2012

Craft stall at a Summer Fete

At the weekend I held a stall at a local Primary Schools Summer Fete and I'm sad to say it was a little disappointing and disheartening after the success of my first craft stall.

Firstly, the whole event was held indoors, which I thought was strange seen as we have had such a glorious week weather wise. Most of the events took place in the hall with the few craft stalls tucked away in classrooms which meant not alot of passing traffic. It was hard to listen to all the business and noise in the hall when our classroom was completely quiet :( I'm not sure if this is the norm for primary school events with my two little ones not at that age yet.

I did make a few sales and make the money back on the table plus a little profit, so at least I wasn't at a loss! I also gave out lots of business cards so who knows maybe I will get new followers on my facebook page.

I think I need to see it as a learning curve as each time I am thinking of new ideas and how to lay out my stall etc. A lady on a stall next to me said she makes smaller cheaper items to take to school events because its normally children spending their pocket money, so target audience is something I need to consider when planning what to take to events.

Anyway, I thought I would show you pictures of my stall to see what you think - I welcome any feedback :) I'm still not 100% happy with my layout, I need more height and less empty spaces but I will get there.

The overall stall. It was great to have a table at the back to use as an admin table - luckily I had a spare table cloth with me to cover it. Sorry the pictures are so dark, I think its because it was so bright outside.


I was much happier with the noticeboard this time after painting it with Farrow & Ball No.267.






So, all in all the event left me feeling deflated, questioning whether my items were good enough? were my prices too high? Should I just give it all in? But then I pulled myself together and thought I need to stay positive and just pick my craft stall locations more wisely in the future.

Have any other crafters out there had days like this???

Thank you for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...