Sunday 16 September 2012

Chimney Pot Planter

We went to the car boot early this morning, full of excitement at what we mind find, but unfortunately it was a little disappointing :( There were not many stall holders there and it was hardly worth the £3 to park. I think its starting to wind down - what will I do with no car boots over Winter???

On the way back we stopped at the market/car boot (which we don't usually do as the kids have normally had enough by then) but its free parking so we gave it a try.

This one also didn't have many stalls but there was one guy selling all kinds of troughs, milk churns and all sorts of things that I thought would make unusual planters in the garden. In the end we bought this bishop style chimney pot from him. What do you think?


He wanted £35 for it but we knocked him down to £30. I wasn't sure if this was a good price or not, but have looked on ebay and seen one for £40 and a pair for £125!! So quite pleased with the price. I just need to decide where to put it and what to plant in it - any ideas? I want something that will spill over it.

At the moment its next to the Belfast sink which looked lovely when all the pink and blue cornflowers were out. I'm waiting for the cosmos to flower, they seem to be later than my others. I need to take the cornflowers out now and find something else to go in there over autumn/winter.

I started to look for pictures of chimney pots already planted up and came across this one which looks beautiful:




I will be adding more pictures of chimney pots to my Pinterest board as I find them.

So, in the end it was a good trip! I will show you pictures once its finished.

Thank you for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...