Monday 21 January 2013

My Craft Business

My little craft business has been going just over a year now and has gone from strength to strength! I feel so proud that my Handmade Hearts are now decorating so many peoples homes and Children's bedrooms.

My most popular selling platform has been though my Facebook Page, I have built up a good following and get lots of orders and enquiries through there. I also attended lots of markets and craft fairs last year and made lots of sales, this was also a great way to engage with customers and find out which products sell (and which don't!).  

I have today made the tough decision that I'm not going to do any more stalls though. Although they proved profitable, they require a lot of time to make the stock and also a lot of storage, not just for the stock but all the baskets etc for display. And at the moment I don't have a lot of spare time with two kids, and don't have a lot of storage space, again with two kids!! I am glad I did them for the first year, a lot of lessons were learnt and its good to get out there and not hide behind facebook all the time.

I am instead going to concentrate on selling through my Etsy Shop and through Facebook. This way I am using my time more productively by only making orders and then posting them out, so also no storage required. There is no worry that I am spending hours and hours making a batch of items for a stall that could end up sat in a box on top of my wardrobe.

So, its a gamble but I'm looking forward to it and will see where it takes me and my little craft business.

I have been playing around with new photos for my Etsy Shop so thought I would share some with you, and would love to know what you think.






Thank you for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...