Tuesday 24 June 2014

#CraftBlogClub June Challenge ~ You Complete Me

This months challenge set by Emma over at Frugally Peachy is 'You Complete Me'. Basically to complete a project that has been on your to-do list for a while!
I have decided to finish off my Son's patchwork blanket which I started over a year ago!

If you read my last post on crochet, you will know I am a little obsessed with Attic 24's blog. So, when I saw this post of her granny square blanket with a gorgeous border I decided to add a border to my sons blanket.
Lucy (Attic 24) showed a picture of the before and after blankets side by side to show the difference a border can make to a blanket:

Image from Attic 24

I can't believe how much better it looks with a border, it really finishes it off.

I don't have a before picture showing the whole blanket lay out, but here it is and you can see the edge with no border:



Here it is hanging on the washing line with its first row of white finished:

 
I was so nervous about putting it in the washing machine , convinced it would fall apart but it was fine and looks lovely and fresh now!
 
Here it is now with two rows of white and a row of baby blue:
 

 
 
 
I think it is finished, just trying to decide if it needs a row of royal blue too? What do you think?
 
Really happy to have finished this project and am now inspired to add a wider border to my Daughters blanket too! Remember to check out what other projects have been completed over on Emma's blog.
  
 
Thank you for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...